Monday, September 15, 2008

More on Starbucks
O.K., that's Ahab drowning, not his pal Starbuck but you get the picture, so to speak. I went onto Starbuck's website this morning to try to lodge a complaint about their discontinuing the sale of Colombian coffee and, so far as I could tell, there's no one out in Seattle who cares to receive any such message. Want information of buying CDs? Locating a frappe java?
Click away. Got a complaint about actual coffee? Screw you. Well, in this blessed system of sort-of-free markets, I have a response to that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

MEDICAL said...

thrilling blog

Spencer B. said...

I heard they also discontinued the use of their free wi-fi. Apparently after buying a 4 dollar cup of coffee, you now have to buy a 5 dollar access card. What is the world coming to?

Anonymous said...

Spotted: Chris Fountain walking into the Raveis office in OG Sunday morning....in shorts! What happened to the days when realtors dressed up? Well, at least he doesn't do it when going to open houses..oh wait...

Anonymous said...

Try http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/apex/ideaHome for your Starbucks suggestions / comments.

Chris Fountain said...

I tried that address before posting but they want me to sign up for some Starbuck's account card before allowing me to complain. I don't want a goddamn account card, I want my Colombian coffee beans!
As an aside, it seems stupid to me for a business to restrict customer feedback like this. I don't run Starbucks, of course but, judging from their recent retrenchment, the current managers aren't doing so well at it, either.