What Was I Thinking??!Apropos of the post below, 29 Byfield Lane was listed April 15 of this year for $9.450 million. It dropped a wee bit, then was excised from our listings and returned June 24th at $6.350 million. Even a $3 million drop didn't work so today it's been cut again, to $6.298. Call me overly pessimistic, but if cutting it $3.145 million didn't do the trick, I'm dubious that a trim of $52,000 is going to help much. And again, what is a buyer to think when he sees a house drop by more than a third in two months? He might think, "that was a stupid price the first time." He might also think the market's in a free-fall.
Interestingly enough, the same broker's got another listing that can't seem to decide on the right price. 101 Dingletown, a 1964 house renovated four years ago, has jumped around since it was first listed in late June of this year. It started at $5.785, went up to $5.995 10 days later, climbed again, to $6.395 2 weeks after that (I'm not kidding), and dropped today to $5.798, or $13,000 more than when it started its journey. I've mentioned this before, but if your house isn't selling, the price direction you want to go in is down. Try it and see.
1 comment:
Chris,
If I didn't know you I would say that you were making this up.
Did the brick house on Taconic around the corner from Byfield sell? I think they had it on the market for around $6 million
Claudette Rothman
Post a Comment