
More thoughts on strippers and real estate pricing
(Thought that might get your attention.) As I've noted, the real estate firm trying to peddle its condos on Milbank is not providing a stripper but rather a new age therapist who will inspire and move us (Ed: how is that different from a stripper?]. But what's the reasoning here? Is it possible that we agents are unaware of the presence of two vacant condo units that have sat on the market since January 2007, or that their price, to everyone's great hilarity, was raised in July '07 from $5.4 million to $5.9 million, each? I don't think so; I think the builder has a pricing, not an awareness problem. It's possible that, over time, marketplace tastes will change and buyers will clamor for a unit where, with the help of a 12' scaling ladder, they can scramble up to Whole Foods and do their shopping. For 21 months now, however, the market's spoken rather eloquently: it doesn't like the price or the location. You can't change the location, and bringing on therapists or strippers or changing the description, as this one did, from "English Manor" to Euro-Style" will accomplish nothing. Drop the price a couple of million and maybe something will happen.
4 comments:
We blogged about this 2 months ago ... I will share again my neighbor's question to the agent during one of their zillion open houses:
Q: "Is it 5.9M for both units?"
A: "No, per unit."
And that had to be 1 year ago. Why don't they set the new price at 2.95M per unit and advertise a "2 for 1 sale"! I would find that as entertaining as their recent ad in the GP which cited "private gardens". All I could think was, yes a private perennial garden of Whole Foods parking lot scrums. When your guests come over, remind them to not look up and provide them with Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Cancelling headsets.
I don't mean to be so negative, but I pass by the place all the time and I am astounded by their reluctance to lower the price even 1 cent!
I too am familiar with this site. I am at a loss as to what price would clear these two abominations. I guess its $2.5M per unit. Anything above that and the fact that you get all that town house doesn't offset the fact that you have no land and sit behind and below a strip mall.
Cos Cobber
All I could think was, yes a private perennial garden of Whole Foods parking lot scrums.
Maybe they mean private, after-hours tours of the Whole Foods produce section--with your own personal shopper!
New age therapist? Well, anybody who pays $5.9 million needs some kind of therapist.
"Private gardens"? I can't believe the number of trees/plants that are already dead . . . $5.9 million for dead trees? (No, my dog did not contribute to their demise!)
Sigh . . . I miss the Hindu/Buddhist statues that used to be in the yard of the house that was torn down.
Post a Comment