1 year ago
Friday, August 01, 2008
Anything can happen but don't count on it
156 Lockwood Road (on the corner of Sound Beach) in Riverside was originally listed in April 2007 for $5,995,000. Although I didn't give out its address in my column I did mention that, given its location on the two busiest streets in Riverside and Old Greenwich, I didn't think the seller would get that price. In fact, I thought he was friggin' loony, and neighbors who guessed which hose I was writing about agreed. It finally sold this past July for $4,100,000. Again, considering where it was built, I think the seller got lucky. Lesson is, if you're an out-of-town builder doing your first project here, don't let the magic name "Greenwich" blind you to the oldest of real estate maxims - location, location, location.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just shows people are listening - to their 'Realtors' - I for one - like Sound Beach Ave. - I like the name - and where it leads to:
'The Heart Of Old Greenwich' - works for me!
What's there not to like?
Nothing not to like about Riverside or Old Greenwich (as long as you don't mind being crammed in next to your neighbor, and, even though that's not something I necessarily like, I put up with it in exchange for the benefits we get here). But I wouldn't try to sell a $6,000,000 house on the corner of Lockwood and Sound Beach Avenue.
Post a Comment