Thursday, August 21, 2008

Soak the rich
A commentator below says, "Um, Chris, we live in Greenwich, CT - we ARE too rich and are [sic] fellow American [sic] absolutely need it.

A $2B relief package for Americans in financial crisis sounds like a good idea compared to $700B in appropriations for an unending war."

I don't know why these people feel justified in deciding that I have too much money (let alone why they think taking it forcibly from me and passing it along to someone else will bring Eden another step closer).

The funny thing is, it's always the middle class that gets stuck with the bill for these sensitive people's generosity. Some state - Virginia? - set up a program whereby anyone who felt under taxed could send in a voluntary extra payment. I believe that in the years the program ran, four taxpayers sent in a total of $5,000. I don't believe that Warren Buffet contributed.

The Demmerkrats are planning a real extravaganza at their convention next week that will showcase beggars - the Dems call them "real people" who want my money so they can spend it on themselves. Perhaps if I had not just fired off huge, account-emptying checks to the IRS and my daughter's college I'd feel more generous towards these grasping strangers but I did, so I don't. Less than 50% of us pay income tax now and I doubt a democracy based on majority rule is going to correct that soon. So the forecast for the productive members of society looks bleak. I wonder, when they finish us off, who will be left to fund the liberals' largess?

Pay me taxes!

No comments: