Testing the waters
Mark Mariani has just listed new construction at 37 Grahampton Lane for $15 million dollars. It's a good looking house (I'll post a picture tomorrow) and Mariani is a quality contractor so if anything should go in that price range, this one should. But what's the market for 15,000 sq. ft homes these days? I guess we'll see. I would never dare question this very successful builder's business sense but by my count this makes three spec houses he has on the market, each over $10 million. He obviously has nerves of steel.
1 year ago
7 comments:
$15 mil for 15,000 sq ft?
What was that you said about houses priced at $1,000 per square foot? Direct waterfront in Belle Haven, Mead Point; perhaps Conyers Farm? By my understanding, Meadowcroft is in none of these places.
I would LOVE to know the maintenance on these big houses that the builders aren't selling. We went by both 205 Clapboard Ridge (don't know who the builder is)and Mariani's Sabine Farm house - all being kept meticulously. Gardeners, security, taxes, interest, etc. - it must be a good sum.
Oh, and Christopher - you would "never question Mariani's business sense"???? May I remind you of your pronouncement re: Khakum Wood?? My husband and I laughed out loud (we agreed with you) when we read about your "banning".
Is he getting a new Meadowcroft Ln address for the house? Looks like the entrance is on Meadowcroft. That's a great street but still quite pricey; Land cost him $5.2mm. 3 acres -> 11,700 sqr ft FAR -> $839/sqr ft for the building (9.8mm).
Good luck :)
Ah, I was a meaner person then.
And yes, he's changed the address to 1 Meadowcroft - I used the old address in case anyone wanted to look it up. $5.2 million for a building lot is a huge amount to pay for anything not on the water or in Conyer's Farm, in my opinion but obviously this bldr disagrees.
Oh - and don't forget 10 Dairy Lane, also built (and maintained) by Mr. Mariani and also unsold. The ghost of poor old Kissel must still haunt the place.
Chris, there was a gorgeous stone house for sale (7 acres) on Meadowcroft a year or so ago, which I don't think ever sold. Do you remember it?
I remember something about the wife doing "feng shui" on the whole house (my mom went to a house tour of it the year it was for sale) - it's a beautiful place - but if THAT place didn't sell - Mariani will be able to use his same gardening team to maintain Dairy Road, Sabine Farm, and Meadowcroft and get bulk savings.
(and I agree with the poster who said $9.8 mil - I think $11 mil is max for this house).
not to mention that every one of his houses look exactly the same with the drive-through garage. there are mariani's all over town (Lismore, Husted, Baldwin Farms, etc). Even Judge Judy's is a larger version of standard Mariani architecture. I would want uniqueness for the price tag.
Post a Comment