A favor that will help me and your fellow readers
I get a fair number of requests for the names of good builders, contractors, painters, etc. I've posted some of that over on the right side of this column but I know that there are lots of good people out there I don't know about. If you have the name and contact information for a tradesman (or craftsman or whatever) whom you're pleased with or, for that matter, wouldn't wish on that lousy neighbor down the street, the one who ran over your cat and never apologized, would you pass them along? I'll compile a directory and, once I figure out how to do so, post it all online as a down-loadable pdf.
Thanks!
1 year ago
5 comments:
One of the best builders around is Ken Bacco. He doesn't do spec stuff, as far as I know, but he did work on my house and I've been in a few of the other houses he has built and they are all amazing. He does great work and stands behind it forever.
http://www.kennethfbaccoinc.com/
For Post Construction Heavy Duty Cleaning - Painting - Gutter and Roof Repair - we use Sound Beach Home Improvement - they are a local family company - and Terry Saunders - and her crew - do an excellent residential cleaning work- and her brother Grover - is very professional in all his work - painting - carpentry - etc. It is a family own company, run by Morgan and Terry Saunders- with local references - and their office is on Sound Beach Ave. in Old Greenwich, Ct. Grover and Terry both have their own homes in Old Greenwich, Ct. They really are good people.Their website is:
www.soundbeachhomeimprovement.com
When we moved to Greenwich a few years ago, our broker, Ann Simpson, gave me the name of a great hardwood flooring company, Woodwise Inc, from Stamford.
Like so many good craftsmen, you won't find these guys in the yellow pages, they don't advertise - all their business is word of mouth.
These guys did a beautiful job installing a new plank floor in our family room, and refinishing the old floors in the rest of the house. I had a very tight schedule, which was no problem for them.
The owner, Andrew, mixed a custom batch of stain for me, then did samples on the sanded floor, so there were no surprises. My decorator was so impressed, she's used them ever since.
I've heard mostly horror stories about floor sanders, so I'm happy to pass their name on to you.
These guys were real pros.
I know the 'Saunders' - their daughter Paula does house keeping for us - she's just wonderful - a young mother with two young daughters of her own - very trust worthy - and Paula does excellent house cleaning - Paula can be reached at 203 637 8452.
Our faves:
Electrician: Pinto Electric (Mark Pinto) in Rye 914-921-2442. A good 25% cheaper than the Greenwich electricians and does a good job.
Flooring: Greenwich Flooring (Gary Zarra) 869-8555. Refinished our floors
CEA
Post a Comment