
A reader has sent along this link to an article advocating a state Constitutional Convention wherein Connecticut could declare partial independence from the federal government and get them off our backs. I like the idea - I'm not so sure our national constitution permits it. Then again, I'm neither a constitutional scholar nor do I play one on TV. But many of the arguments the writer asserts for freeing us from the yoke of federal tyranny also apply to Fairfield County. How about seceding from the rest of Connecticut and letting Hartford find a new source of funding for its largess?
3 comments:
Good Point about -Hartford - Chris - seems Greenwich and Fairfield County gives - but does not receive - much in return on all levels of our state and federal government. Vote Obama???
Nice to see a copy of Archibald Willard's painting of "The spirit of '76", which for those of you interested, hangs in Abbott Hall in downtown Marblehead
Interesting - Thank You!
Post a Comment